Vacancy: Investigation Support Officer, Southampton
We are seeking a new member of the team to help provide support to MAIB inspectors while they are carrying out investigations
Your responsibilities will include:
• Receiving and processing accident reports accurately and quickly so that they may be assessed by the Principal Inspector of Marine Accidents. This task also involves proactive monitoring of the HM Coastguard live online system allowing you to keep up with the progress of search and rescue activities.
• Database entry – information about the accidents reported needs to be recorded accurately and efficiently.
• Conducting follow-up enquiries with those involved in accidents and subsequent activities.
• Fulfilling general administrative tasks including monitoring the MAIB email box and responding accordingly, answering the ‘phone, and dealing with post.
• Logistical support to a team of inspectors including making travel and accommodation bookings, and helping to establish contact with key stakeholders at the early stages of an investigation.
For further information about this position and how to apply see Civil Service Jobs, Investigation Support Officer, Ref: 48174.
Closing date: Monday 18 May 2020