Public Sector Event
Caldicott Guardian Training Masterclass
Venue: Hallam Conference Centre
44 Hallam Street
Date: 13 May 2014
Synopsis: A one day masterclass to provide both an introduction to newcomers and a wide ranging update for more experienced Caldicott Guardians, Caldicott Officers, & Information Governance Leads to understand the requirements of Caldicott and to become confident in recognising and in making both basic and complex Caldicott Guardian decisions.
Confidentiality and Information Sharing Training for Caldicott Guardians
Key Learning Objectives
- Understand the role of the Caldicott Guardian
- Learn to recognise what are “Caldicott Decisions”
- Develop confidence in making your own “Caldicott Decisions”
- Be able to apply the new Caldicott principles in practice
- Understand the underlying ethics
- Explore the conflict between confidentiality and information sharing
- Golden rules for protecting patient confidentiality
- Consider ethical dilemmas and how to make judgements
- Overcome barriers to multi agency working
- Learn how and when to share information and who with; relatives, police and other agencies
Christopher Fincken is Chairman of the UK Council of Caldicott Guardians and was for eleven years the Caldicott Guardian of an Acute Hospital. Christopher is also an independent member of the newly formed National Information Governance Committee of the Care Quality Commission. He now works for a national charity and advises a wide range of other organisations. He has deep experience of the challenges that real life presents and a passion to understand and unravel problems, to try and find the best solution. With a particular concern about the importance of sharing information in relation to Domestic and other violence, he has worked extensively in the field of Multi Agency Risk Assessment Conferences (MARAC- Domestic Violence) and is the author of the published guidance document for Caldicott Guardians.
This course is based on practical experience and will feature a large and varied range of case studies covering a multitude of situations and ages from cradle to grave, and even beyond! The course is not “Powerpoint” based and participants will have the opportunity to engage as individuals and as a group throughout the day to discuss the case studies and become more confident in making their own Caldicott decisions. The course has been updated to cover Caldicott2 and the new principles.
Kerry Tarrant Healthcare Conferences UK 01932 429933 020 8181 6491 (fax) firstname.lastname@example.org