Public Sector Event
HR for Non HR Directors
Venue: University of Salford
Date: 20 May 2014
Synopsis: HR is at the heart of every organisation and is growing in importance, regularly appearing in the top three priorities for executive boards. This two-day course will provide non-HR directors with an essential understanding of HR's processes and importance.
HR is not just about day-to-day people management; important though that is, it is also about improving performance and creating the right conditions to deliver organisational aims both today and in the future. Effective HR practices play a pivotal role in driving decisions that allow organisations to thrive.
So what exactly is it? HR covers a wide range of interconnected activities, but essentially it is all about generating performance through people.
HR involves recruitment, training and developing employees, and looks at how they are rewarded. HR involves dealing with legal issues, helping to shape the culture of organisations, and focusing on what keeps staff productive and engaged.
HR is at the heart of every organisation and is growing in importance, regularly appearing in the top three priorities for executive boards. Directors and operational line managers have varying degrees of involvement in HR related activities and it is critical that they understand, and operate within best practice and comply with legislation. This two-day course will provide:
- An essential understanding of the employee life-cycle
- An essential understanding of the employment legislation affecting the employer–employee relationship
- An outline of strategies to reward and manage staff members that will support your organisation in achieving its overall aim and objectives
- A guide on how to work in partnership with others to deliver maximum benefit to their organisations
- A breakdown of how to align an organisation’s culture with its people
Use discount code PSN10 at booking to receive a 10% discount exclusive to Public-Sector.co.uk users.
Paul Bolton t: 0161 295 4376 e: firstname.lastname@example.org