Public Sector Event
Alternative Provision Conference – 15th & 16th March, Central London
Date: 8 Feb 2017
Synopsis: Attend to hear from the Department for Education and benchmark your AP and explore successful pathways to creating a curriculum that allows access to qualifications.
This national Alternative Provision in Education Conference discusses how to commission high quality alternative provision (AP), ensuring that students from all backgrounds receive an education that supports their individual needs and helps them to reach their full potential.
Delegates can bench mark their provision and explore successful pathways to creating a curriculum that allows access to qualifications. Review how to track student progress and effectively support the health needs of learners.
Key speakers include:
· Martin Post, Regional Schools Commissioner for North West London and South Central England, Department for Education
· Paa-King Maselino, Vice President, National Organisation for Pupil Referral Units and Alternative Providers
Key topics include:
· Reviewing the different routes to commissioning including considering in-house alternatives
· Implementing quality assurance processes that provide guidance for safeguarding and ensure student progress
· Partnership working between schools and local authorities
This conference has an attached half day briefing on the 16th on Commissioning Alternative Provision. Please see the brochure for more details.
Naomi Wood firstname.lastname@example.org