Public Sector Event
The Haldane Report: the next 100 years
Venue: Institute for Government
Date: 12 Dec 2018
Synopsis: The Haldane Report was a landmark study when it was published in 1918. It set out the principles that it thought should underpin the Government’s use of evidence and formation of policy.
To mark the centenary of the report, UK Research and Innovation, the Government Office for Science and the Institute for Government will hold a short conference to discuss the report and its significance – and how its lessons can be applied to the challenges of today and those that the UK will face over the next one hundred years.
Confirmed speakers and panel members include:
- • Professor Sir Mark Walport, CEO of UK Research and Innovation
- • The Rt Hon. Lord David Willetts, Executive Chair, Resolution Foundation (and former Minister for Universities)
- • Dame Minouche Shafik, Director, London School of Economics
- • Clare Moriarty CB, Permanent Secretary for the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
- • Professor David Edgerton, Hans Rausing Professor of the History of Science and Technology and Professor of Modern British History at King’s College London
- • Professor Jennifer Rubin, Executive Chair, Economic and Social Research Council
- • Dr Patrick Vallance, Government Chief Scientific Adviser.
To book your place at this event, please email your full name, job title and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org