Public Sector Event
Pitching ideas for tax reform
Venue: Institute for Government
Date: 9 Oct 2019
Synopsis: Successive British governments have failed to address well-known problems with the tax system. The Institute for Government is looking at why it has been so hard to make significant, sensible reforms to the tax system, and what could be changed to make this easier in future.
To better understand the barriers to reform and potential solutions, this event will invite a series of tax reform advocates to pitch their ideas to a panel of tax experts.
- • Rupert Harrison, Portfolio Manager at BlackRock and former special adviser to George Osborne
- • Paul Johnson, Director of the Institute for Fiscal Studies
- • Jill Rutter, Senior Fellow at the Institute for Government
- • Paul Wallace, The Economist
- • Sam Bowman, Senior Fellow and former Executive Director of the Adam Smith Institute
- • Carys Roberts, Chief Economist at the Institute for Public Policy Research
- • Alfie Stirling, Head of Economics at the New Economics Foundation
The event will be chaired by Dr Gemma Tetlow, Chief Economist, Institute for Government